Let’s talk about content marketing. Last week I posted about how marketing is everywhere. We’re continually exposed to more marketing as we spend more time on digital devices and online.
So, is content still king? I believe so. But I also think that content is continuously evolving. People want high quality, useful, engaging content that is relevant to them. They will tune out what they’re not interested in. Content marketing will remain highly effective if marketers are doing a good job of staying on the pulse of what their audience wants and the format that they want it in.
Here are my top 8 tips for content marking right now.
8 Tips for Effective Content Marketing
- Be consistent. It’s a marathon. Short cuts to go viral are a waste of time.
- More content is better than less; but relevance is critical. Don’t push out garbage.
- Storytelling is good; useful content is better.
- Decide what your brand voice is and stick to it.
- Use keyword searches to refine topic areas and discoverability
- Theme content around tent-pole events. Work ahead.
- Reuse and repackage relevantly.
- Keep evolving. Don’t let measurement force continual copying.